Since the last snow fall on March 19th, the Ward 14 Council office has attempted to inventory, track and report streets as well as specific locations that need potholes and street repairs. On Monday April 28th, Council's Public Works Committee held a four hour hearing in which Council was told that residential streets could be expected to be serviced by the end of June.
Although there was significant work completed in servicing primary and secondary arterial streets, a very small portion of residential streets have been serviced to-date.
In an effort to hold the Administration accountable for the lack of service and communications about the process and expected times for completion, I've asked for a meeting with the Director of Public Works as well as other responsible staff for next week.
As stated in our Committee meeting in April and most recently, constituents have the right to expect a reasonable response to service requests. A reasonable response should include an expected time service should be rendered. This has not been the case for the vast majority of pothole service requests. Without an estimate of when a repair will be made, constituents lose faith and confidence in our City government's ability to carryout services for taxpayers.
Note, constituents are encouraged to report pothole and other related streets issues to our office as well as the Division of Streets and the Mayor's Action Line using the information below:
- Brian Cummins, Ward 14, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Division of Streets, 216-664-2510
- Mayor's Action Line, 216-664-2900
- W. 17th St, from Buher to Valentine Ave
- W. 30th St, from Sackett to Clark Ave
- W. 38th from Archwood to Mapledale Ave
- W. 39th from Archwood to Mapledale (to be resurfaced).
- W. 41st St, from Archwood to Mapledale Ave
- W. 42 St, from Archwood to Mapledale Ave
- W. 47th St, from Denison to Storer Ave (reports of three accidents/damage).
- W. 48th St, from Denison to Storer Ave
- W. 49th St, from Denison to Storer Ave
- W. 50th St, unsealed and failing utility cut between Denison and Carlos Ave.
a. 3207 W. 50th W. 50th St, large hole, orange barrel placed in mid-June, also another orange barrel 50 feet away from this hole as well as a metal plate placed to cover a cave in.
- W. 52nd, W. 54th St, Denison Avenue to Clark Ave
- W. 56th Street, from Denison Avenue to Clark Ave
- W. 58th St, from Denison to Clark Ave
- W. 61st St, from Barberton to Storer Ave
- W. 62nd St, from Denison to Clark.
Specific large pot holes
a. Front of 3382, 3428, 3466 W 44th St
b. Front of 3525 W 45th St, two extremely deep pot holes.
c. Front of 3567 W 46th St
- W. 65th St, from Denison to Clark Ave
- W 67th St from Denison to Clark Ave
- Almira Ave at w. 82nd St
- Archwood Ave, multiple utility cuts that are not seal-coated and are showing cracking and deterioration.
- Brinsmade Ave, intersection at W. 86th St, including an large unsealed and deteriorating utility cut ajust west of W. 86th St
- W. 86th Street, from Denison Ave to Brinsmade Ave
- Bush Avenue, from Fulton to W. 46th St
a. Also several street failures. i.e. several cave-ins around sewer grates and catch basins.
- Castle Avenue, from W. 25th St to Scranton Rd
- Carlos Avenue, from W 46th Street to W 52nd St
- Carlyle Ave at Fulton Rd
- Clark Avenue, entire street – potholes are occurring in locations where pothole Killer initially patched in April.
- Daisy Avenue, from W. 25th Street to W. 34th St
- Dearborn Ave at 7100 block
- Denison Avenue at W. 47th St
- Eichorn Ave, from W. 46th to W 52 St
- Erin Avenue, from W. 25th St to Fulton Rd
- Hannan Ave, from Bush Avenue to W 47th St
- Holmden Ave at Scranton Rd
- Library Ave from W. 25th Street to Fulton
- Mapledale Ave, from Pearl Rd to W. 34th St
- Marvin Ave, from W. 25th to W. 44th St
- MetroHealth Main Campus area [HIGH PRIORITY]
a. Aiken Ave; Englindale Ave; View Rd
- Meyer Ave from Scranton to Fulton Rd
- Neville Ave, between W. 73rd and W. 82 St, large unsealed and deteriorating utility cut
- Poe Ave from W. 32nd St to Fulton Rd
- Riverside Avenue, from Pearl Road to the cul-de-sac.
- Sackett Ave, from W. 25th St to Fulton Ave
- Scranton Rd, from Pearl Rd north to Wade Ave
a. Large hole (emergency repair), at 3211 Scranton Rd
- Seymour Ave, from W. 25th St. to Scranton Rd. Includes a cave-in and several large spot-resurfacing areas
- Valentine Ave from Innerbelt access road to Scranton Rd
- Walton Ave from W. 25th St to Fulton Ave, multiple unsealed utility cuts.
In the media:
Counclimans Corner - Be a Concerned Citizen
[Public Works and related lack of city services]
by Michael D. Polensek, 6.19.2014, The Collinwood Observer
Some potholes are more than 6 feet long
Joe Pagonakis, Newsnet 5 Jun 2, 2014
Straight from City Hall
News and Information from the City of Cleveland
[search results for pothole]